Difficult or unacceptable behaviour comes in many forms in the workplace, managing and dealing with it can be complicated.
Do any of these challenging situations sound familiar?
- Uncooperative or obstructive behaviour
- People not talking to each other
- Team members undermining each other
- Banter that crosses the line and makes people feel uncomfortable
- Lack of common courtesy between team members or departments eg no please, thank you or hello, goodbye
- Belittling or patronising behaviour
- Someone being singled out or ignored
However it manifests itself, the impact is always the same...
...strained relationships, demotivated individuals, a drop in performance, increased stress and absence rates.
Not dealing with these situations can lead to claims of bullying, harassment or a need for formal mediation, all costing dearly in terms of time, money and reputational damage.
Sometimes working relationships need a bit of help
We can support you when it comes to managing challenging behaviour and difficult people, we can help you deal with, or prevent such situations arising - not only avoiding costly tribunals or time-consuming interventions but also ensuring you build cooperative, inclusive teams based on dignity and respect.
Teams with a positive working environment achieve so much more together.
We have a number of solutions that can help get relationships back on track from positive behaviour management courses to managing difficult people workshops.