How do you juggle the often conflicting demands of running a busy care home?
How do you ensure that staff are consistently supported and motivated?
The aim of this module is to provide Care Home Managers and Deputies with the knowledge and skills to lead their teams effectively and build a home with a reputation for consistently high standards of care.
The course will give participants the opportunity to explore the role of a care home manager, raise their self awareness around their own style of working and identify how to develop trust and respect amongst their teams.
During this module participants will have the opportunity to…
- Consider the role of a Care Home Manager
- clarifying key areas of responsibility
- leading from the front
- Discuss the challenges of managing a home
- Look at how to build trust and respect as a leader
- Identify the differences between Assertive, Aggressive and Non-Assertive Management styles and look at how and when to adapt your style
- Explore the area of agreeing expectations with managers, colleagues and team members
- Consider how to build and motivate an effective team
- Look at how to set clear and measurable objectives for the team
- Consider how to monitor performance effectively
- Identify how to give constructive feedback to team members and colleagues
- Produce a personal action plan
You may also find the following courses of interest...
Managing an Effective Supervision
Managing Performance and Behaviour Effectively
Interested and want to know more ?
We're only a phone call way.
Give the team a call directly on 01903 732 782 or click here to get in contact.