To provide managers with the knowledge and skills to promote such tasks as setting expectations, recognising different behaviour styles and motivating their teams.
During the session participants will have an opportunity to …
- Defining management
- How is your role changing?
- Setting expectations with your managers, colleagues and your team
- What motivates people?
- Assertive behaviour
- understanding how assertive behaviour helps build effective working relationships and achieves results
- understanding the difference between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- Situational Leadership
- Team roles
- The Work Cycle
- The Art of Delegation
- Steps to successful delegation
- Understanding barriers to delegation
- Planning a piece of delegation
The event will be participative with a variety of training aids used to cater for the differing learning styles likely to be present in the group. Respecting the need for confidentiality delegates are invited to share their experiences in this area and to ask questions at any time.
We have just had a great team building day with Focal Point Training. The session they designed and facilitated for us created the right atmosphere from the start and allowed the team to feel comfortable enough to open up quite quickly and discuss things honestly with each other. As a result we were able to agree some very helpful and meaningful actions which the whole team have bought into and we are already implementing.