We have been facilitating a series of sessions for the Development Team at the Barbican Centre, most recently using Adair’s “Action Centred leadership” to help the team reflect on where their efforts and energy should be channelled. Their proactive approach and focus on implementing actions have made them a joy to work with.
Leading video advertising platform Tubemogul is fast expanding in the UK and we are delighted to be working with them to support their management development through one to one coaching.
Selwood Pump and Plant - We have returned to work with a group of experienced managers to fine-tune their presentation skills. We ran a highly interactive session with participants presenting on a range of topics (we learned a lot about astronomy and VW cars!) and recording each other with their phones, so they can play back and critique themselves in their own time.
L and D reviews
As our existing clients will already know, our approach is always highly consultative and this truly collaborative way of working has led to us being asked to lead a review of 3 different L and D functions.
This means we are working closely with each to help analyse what the organisational needs are and map out an overall approach to development, which will work over a sustained period of time. It's exciting work and we look forward to sharing the progress!
What we have coming up......
In a packed November and December, we are looking forward to...
• being involved in Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham’s “Non-Stop Learning Week” with bitesize sessions on the psychology of great customer service!
• more management development with heads of teams at the Southbank Centre and helping the hard working marketing team with their away day
• working with Ambitious about Autism with a series of bitesize sessions focussing on retaining staff and succession planning
• facilitating a strategy day for the senior leadership team at Search firm Granger Reis
• starting to work with Law firm A.A Thornton to develop the leadership skills of their partners and associates
For more information on how we can help develop your Managers at every level in your organisation take a look at our management development programmes, call us for an initial discussion on 01903 732 782, or contact us.
Stella Chandler and I founded Focal Point on a shared belief that a training course run in isolation doesn't work. We passionately believe there must be support both before and after the training or coaching session itself for it to make a difference. When I am not facilitating sessions with clients or looking at ways to grow the Focal Point business, you will find me in a calming yoga class...