Organisations are waking up to the fact that a training session on its own won’t work. It is what participants do with the learning, which makes the difference and gets results.
So it is vital to work with a provider who understands the importance of follow up after a learning event and who will work with you to ensure skills are used back in the workplace.
Just a handful of questions will help you establish whether your provider will really help you get results from your training and development...
1. How do you help us get a return on our investment?
2. How do you engage participants in the learning process?
3. What do you do to prepare participants for a workshop/coaching session/learning event?
4. How do you cater for different learning styles?
5. How do you ensure skills from training/coaching are used back in the workplace?
Stella Chandler and I founded Focal Point on a shared belief that a training course run in isolation doesn't work. We passionately believe there must be support both before and after the training or coaching session itself for it to make a difference. When I am not facilitating sessions with clients or looking at ways to grow the Focal Point business, you will find me in a calming yoga class...