“Ghastly” Conversations and “Nightmare” Scenarios – which grim management situations are we most scared of?
As Halloween approaches, we have compiled the top 5 dreaded management conversations. These are the most commonly raised issues in development programmes we run - difficult conversations which fill managers with horror!
1. addressing personal hygiene issues
2. tackling someone’s behaviour when they have no awareness of how they are coming across
3. dealing with office banter and humour which is just starting to cross the line – how do you kerb it without seeming like a killjoy and the office prude?
4. managing a member of staff who has lost out on promotion to a colleague and is full of resentment
5. having to deal with a lack of performance which has never been tackled and you have inherited – so the employee believes all is fine!
Click on any of the links above to see some practical guidelines for dealing with these scenarios or have a look at our case studies to see how we have helped other organisations deal with similar issues.
For more guidance on how we can help you tackle these scenarios and much more, call us on 01903 732 782 for a confidential discussion have a look at our range of solutions for resolving difficult behaviour, email us email@example.com or contact us
The way we behave towards each other in the workplace has a direct impact on individual wellbeing, team performance and organisational results. This belief has underpinned our work at Focal Point for over 20 years and has never been more relevant. We are privileged to work with a huge variety of organisations wanting to get workplace behaviour and culture right - and to tackle the inappropriate behaviour that may get in the way of this. Supported by our fantastic team of facilitators and coaches, we are able to make a real difference to peoples’ lives as well as organisational performance. Having worked in both large businesses at management level and in 2 start ups at director level, I am able to combine hands on experience of growing and managing teams - and the associated challenges in creating the right culture - with over 20 years in learning and development. I hold the Certificate in Training Practice and am a member of CIPD. When I am not supporting clients or developing the Focal Point business, you will find me in a calming yoga class...